Monday, July 30, 2018

Plugging Along

As per usual I was back out at Nordegg on the weekend of July 21 and 22.  This time around it was a solo trip as I continued work on the construction project.  I continued with the pine paneling on the high ceiling.  I framed out the second skylight, finished up the insulation and vapor barrier on the high ceiling, and installed most of the pine.  There are a few more of the tongue and groove boards remaining to be installed right up at the peak.  I can't quite reach these to put them up by myself and will have to leave them for another time when I have a helper....
I also finished up a number of little odds and ends.  I installed all of the cover plates on switches and receptacles.  I switched out a couple of crawl space receptacles from Decora style to Duplex style so that a proper cover plate could be put on.  I installed the thermostat for the electric heater in the crawl space, and finished up a couple of junction boxes.
The weather out there in the mountains this summer has been abnormally wet.  It rained off and on all weekend... including a rather heavy dump on Saturday night.  There is mud everywhere and I had to run a sump pump for a while to clear out our weeping tile.  We really lucked out with the trenching in of the power lines the week previous as that was one of the only hot and dry days in recent weeks.  Our friends Shelly and Eric are working on there place down the road, and struggling to get at their building with a rental manlift.  They were stuck a number of times and had to get a contractor out to pull them out with a backhoe.  The backhoe operator has lived in the subdivision for over 15 years and he says this is the wettest summer he has ever experienced.  I'm just glad that the bulk of my exterior work is done, and I'm not fighting the weather as much as some of my neighbors.

No comments: