Monday, November 27, 2017

Quiet Weekend

Just wrapped up a very laid back weekend and unfortunately find myself back at work...
I slept in both days on the weekend, and seem to have finally recovered from the cold that I picked up back in early November.  Saturday was warm and sunny so I headed out for a drive in the afternoon.  No one was interested in coming along so it ended up being a solo trip.  I headed out east of the city and my first stop was an abandoned church in Minburn County.  I'd photographed here before, but this time the low fall light and clear skies were especially good.  With my late start  and the short days at this time of year, there wasn't a lot of time left.  I found an abandoned community hall on my way back towards the city and spent the last hour of daylight photographing it.  I had been at this one before as well, but the light was pretty spectacular this time around.  It felt really good to get out and get some fresh air, away from the hustle and bustle of the city, even if it was only for a couple of hours.
On Saturday evening I made a big batch of Enchiladas and some Mexican Rice.  On Sunday, after sleeping in again, I just puttered around at home.  I spent a few hours in the morning unloading all of the exposed film that I had accumulated over the past couple of months.  I didn't count them but there must have been around 80 sheets.  Then in the afternoon I was a couch potato and watched the Oilers hockey game, followed by the Grey Cup game.  It was nice to see the Calgary Stampeders choke again...!!






No comments: