Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Winter Hockey - Game 3

The Renegades Hockey Team started the winter regular season a couple of weeks ago.  With my trip down to Utah, I missed the first two games.  The guys won the first one and then came up short in game two by a score of 3-2.  For this season we have been moved up one division and are playing in Division Seven, of 11 divisions.  This is mostly due to our improved goaltending as the rest of the guys on the team really haven't changed.  I was able to make it to our third game of the season, on Saturday night.  It was a late game, at 11:00PM, so I was able to head over to the rink after the kids finished up all the Halloween festivities.  It was a close game and the lead went back and forth a few times during the game.  Late in the third we found ourselves down by a goal, the score 6-5.  We pulled our goaltender looking to get the equalizer but the Moose scored an empty net goal and skated away with a 7-5 victory.  
Despite the fact that our record so far is 1 win and 2 losses, the guys tell me that the division seems to be really evenly matched and all the games have been close.  I will miss the next game as it falls on the day that the Monochrome Guild is hosting our Friends and Family show.  Hopefully I can attend more regularly after that.

No comments: