Monday, August 17, 2015

Underground Rebels Unplugged

On Sunday night Margarit and I went to a club.  We went to "On the Rocks" on Jasper Avenue and 117 Street to see my old friends Kurt and D....  Here's a link to a blogpost that I wrote a couple of years ago....


I've known these guys since about 1998 when I became their "official" photographer.  At that time they were known as The Loving Dead.  Lots of great memories from those days....   But now, nearly 20 years later... we've all grown older and fatter and hopefully wiser....  At least the sign on stage seemed to be telling us that we were Wiser...!!!  Since those days the guys have moved down to Las Vegas and now make a living there in the entertainment industry.

Kurt and D of The Underground Rebels played an acoustic set at On the Rocks and the Frohlich family kept us in mind and let us know about the show.  We were able to get tickets and jumped at the chance to go out and see the guys again.  At the club the guys announced that they had just released a new CD... this time under the original "Loving Dead" name.  Margarit and I picked up a couple of copies... and a T-shirt...!!  Here's a scan of the CD cover.  I'm sure it's available on line but if anyone is interested and has trouble finding it, touch base with me.



While we were at the show I grabbed a bunch of snapshots of the guys during their set.  Kind of a flashback for me... back to the days when I used to hang out with the guys and take promotional photos for them.  I have a lot of fond memories of those days.... 













No comments: