Friday, August 7, 2015

Exhibition Print

Last night I finished up spotting, mounting, matting and framing of the print that I am showing at the upcoming Open Image 2015 exhibition.  This one is a 16" x 20" print, in a frame with overall dimensions of approx. 24" x 28".  I call this one "Merry-Go-Round" and it is from my "Playground Ghosts" series.  This is a series of images that I have been working on for about five years now.  One of these days I have to get around to printing an entire selection of these images and see if I can get them shown at a small solo exhibition somewhere.
For now, this one will be at Open Image 2015.  It will show at the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium in Calgary from August 15th to September 27th, with an opening reception on August 24th.  Then the show will move to the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium here in Edmonton and will be on display from October 1st to November 15th.  The opening here in Edmonton will be on October 16th.  I posted the invitation to these exhibitions on my blog a short time ago so check further back for the details.  
I packed up the finished print in a shipping case and delivered it to Visual Arts Alberta here in Edmonton, the organizers of the show.  They will look after transportation between the venues, and installation of the shows.  They even pay a small exhibition fee...


No comments: