Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Mystery Images

Yesterday I processed a batch of 4" x 5" Infrared Film.  This included a number of my recent images dating back to last fall.  A few from the Fall Photo Weekend, as well as some from the Spring Photo Weekend.  I also included a few from Oregon, and a couple from the Road Trip this past weekend.  But, there was also an air of mystery to this batch....
A couple of years ago I came across a box of Kodak Infrared Film.  Someone had written on it "MT'.  That was scribbled out and then it was noted... "14 used".  That too was scribbled out and then there was a note that said "exposed IR'  The quantity had been changed at least once and now stated "8 exposed IR"  I could tell by the feel of the box that there was film in it.  At one point I thought it was unexposed film and was going to load it and shoot it.  Then I noticed the notations....  I set it aside and promptly forgot about it.  In recent weeks I rediscovered this box and vowed to process it the next time I was running a batch.  Yesterday I pulled two sheets from this box and processed them along with the batch of my own stuff.  
Unfortunately I didn't store this stuff with any degree of caution.  It has now become fairly badly fogged, as it has just been laying around in my darkroom for the past several years.  I think that one of my friends must have given it to me, as the subject matter looks somewhat familiar.  One of the shots is of the Spaca Moskalyk Church....   Perhaps someone asked me to process this for them and I forgot...  Or maybe it got mixed in with a bunch of film that was given to me, or that I purchased... from a friend that was giving up on film and going digital...  In any event it will be fun to figure out who this belongs to...  Here are scans of the first two images.  When I process my next batch of IR film I will include the remaining half dozen sheets in this box and I'll see what else is there...



No comments: