Sunday, May 24, 2015

Kodak High Speed Infrared

I just processed another batch of Kodak High Speed Infrared 4" x 5" Film.  This included the remaining images from our spring trip to the Oregon Coast, as well as several taken this past long weekend down in southern Alberta.  I have been having some issues with the film in recent batches.  At first I thought that the film was just getting old, and fogged... I thought that maybe some of the film had been left unexposed and sitting in holders for too long before I used it.  I thought that heat and humidity might play a role.  But in checking my notes, which include detail of batch numbers and dates loaded, there does not seem to be a pattern.  Now I suspect that I am having some issues with light leaks in my darkroom. Sheets that were left laying on my counter as I loaded hangers for processing showed greater fogging and uneven development than those that I pulled directly from a film holder and loaded immediately into a hanger.  I'll have to do some experimentation to narrow down the problem and perhaps shoot duplicates over the next little while.  Many of the images from the Oregon Coast showed significant fogging and uneven development.  Fortunately all of these images were also taken on at least two other types of film.  The ones from this past long weekend turned out really well....







1 comment:

Chris BIGDoer Doering said...

Gorgeous! Rob, those are simply stunning. It was so much fun shooting with you at Red Rock Coulee. I can't wait to process my roll of B&W to see how they turned out. Looking forward to more adventures with film.