Thursday, March 13, 2014

Another Rejection Letter

Back in April of 2012.... not 2013... but 2012... I sent in a submission package for the Procession West project to the Estevan Art Gallery and Museum in Saskatchewan.  We never did receive a response so I had long given up on it.  I just figured that this was probably one of the galleries that only responded to successful proposals and didn't bother to respond to submissions that were turned down...
Then today, nearly two years after I sent off our submission package, I received an e-mail with the somewhat generic response...

Dear Robert Michiel and Robert Pohl,


Thank you for taking the time to put together a proposal for your exhibition Procession West back in 2012. I read the package with great interest, but regret to inform you that we won't be pursuing an exhibition with you at this time.

All the best for your future artistic endeavours.

Kind regards,

I must say that I am more encouraged than disappointed by this response.  First of all it is nice to get a response... good or bad...   But, I still have at least 6 or 8 submission packages out there that have not yet been responded to.  Perhaps I will still hear back from a few more, and maybe one of them will be positive...

No comments: