Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Out for a Spin

The rain finally came to an end.  On Thursday and Friday the mornings started out clear and sunny.  By early afternoon the clouds built up and we got some very light showers.  But it seems that the period of heavy rain is behind us.  It is very humid and in the mornings there has been some fog and low cloud.
I spent part of the day working in the guest cottage and got the aspen paneling installed to the bathroom ceiling.  There is one board left to go along one edge, and that will be the last of the ceiling finishing.  I need to dig out my tablesaw and rip that one down, so I left it for now.
Later in the afternoon I decided to take a drive up to Abraham Lake.  Following the pattern of late it had clouded up by this point in the day.  All the creeks and streams were full and running with significantly increased flow as compared to a week ago.  I stopped up by the lake and took a couple of shots with my view camera.  I was hoping to capture the cloud shrouded peaks, but I don't think it really worked out.
Later that evening Margarit, Helena and Annelise arrived at the cottage.  I made them a nice dinner of shrimp in cream sauce.  It was around 10:00PM when they arrived, so it was a very late dinner.  After dinner Margarit and I went for a short walk.  It was really warm in the cottage from cooking and from the woodstove and it felt good to get some fresh air before turning in for the night.









No comments: