Saturday, June 4, 2022

Envoy on Catlabs 80

My friend Arturo and I found this old car, abandoned in the bush beside a rural range road, when we were out on a day trip in mid-April of 2021.  I shot this with my 4x5 view camera and a 125mm lens.  That focal length is slightly wider than a so-called "normal" lens.  I shot this on a film that is new to me... Catlabs 80.  This image looks pretty good but most of the sheets I have processed so far have experienced a mottled and uneven development.  That issue is likely present in this shot, but just doesn't show up against this busy background.  I posted an image a couple of weeks ago, taken of my friend Steve in Jasper, and that image is ruined by the unevenness in the sky.  I processed the film in D-76 developer, which is one of the most commonly used developers in the world.  Perhaps I need to try something different.  In any event I don't think I will shoot much more of this film, at least not after I use up the box or two that I have left.



No comments: