Friday, November 19, 2021

Beaverdam

Once I got rid of my load of garbage at the dump on Sunday, I decided to go and check out the area around Beaverdam.  This is a small lake, at the toe of Coliseum Mountain, that is formed by the widening of Shunda Creek.  I always thought there was sort of a natural rock dam here that had created the lake, and I think there is... But, this time as I wandered around there was an actual beaverdam at the outlet of the lake.
There was also a cross in the opposite bank of the creek, just below the outlet.  It looks like a memorial of some sort, but I couldn't see any markings on it...
I set up the big camera at the lake a couple of times and made some photographs.  Although the temperature had risen since earlier in the morning, and the sun was burning through the clouds a little, it was quite open along the shore of the lake.  The wind was rather brisk out of the west and it was somewhat chilly.  But, it is mid November after all, and many times at this time of year it is much colder than it was today.  I was grateful for the mild fall we have experienced this year.  Not only does it allow me to continue getting out with my camera in relatively pleasant conditions, but it also allowed me to get the guest cottage closed in and ready for winter work.
I will remain out at Nordegg for a couple more days and continue working in the guest cottage.  There is some electrical that I can start to rough in down in the crawl space.  And I can also prepare for installation of the aspen paneling.







No comments: