Friday, March 13, 2015

Procession West - First Rejection of 2015

My friend Rob and I have re-worked our Procession West photography exhibition.  These photographs showed at three galleries in 2013 and early 2014.  These shows were at the Art Gallery of Regina, the McMullen Gallery in Edmonton, and the Spruce Grove Art Gallery.  We removed of a few of what we felt were the weaker images and added a few new and stronger pieces.  The total image count is now up to 45 framed prints.  Many galleries don't have the space to exhibit this many pieces, so at times the show has been edited down to a smaller selection.
Last year I got too busy, and procrastinated too much, and just didn't get around to sending out any submission packages.  As a result, we will not be exhibiting Procession West anywhere during the 2015 calendar year.  Exhibitions are generally booked one to two years in advance
We put together an up to date submission package and this spring have been mailing these out to galleries all over Western Canada.  So far I have sent out 32 submission packages.  I still have another 10 packages or so that I am working on.  These ten submissions do not have imminent deadlines, so I will be sending them out over the next few weeks.  We have been tentatively accepted at one gallery but will hold off making a formal announcement until everything is fully approved.  We have also been short-listed and will be included for jury review at two additional galleries.
Today I received our first rejection of the season.  This was from the Art Gallery in Kelowna, British Columbia.  Some kind words of encouragement were included, even though we were not offered an opportunity to exhibit...

We are most grateful for your interest in exhibiting here and I was intrigued to read your enclosures and look through your images. I applaud your devotion to your work. Unfortunately I am not able to offer you an exhibition at this time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am quite familiar with the rejection slip reply, so much that I don't even think about them anymore. It's part of what we do as artists I guess.

Unknown said...

I am quite familiar with the rejection slip reply, so much that I don't even think about them anymore. It's part of what we do as artists I guess.