Sunday, July 14, 2013

Procession West - Phase Two

The days have been really full the last little while and this weekend was no exception.  We did not go away camping for the weekend, mostly because our trailer was in at the dealership getting all of the warranty issues looked after.  As it turned out the weather was less than ideal so it was probably just as well.
On Friday evening I finally got around to working on posting all of the accounting entries for my holding company.  The year end was back at the end of April, and the tax deadline is coming up very soon.  I have been procrastinating about this for a long time, and haven't done anything about it for over a year.  I got started on Friday after we got the girls off to bed, and decided to stick with it and finish it up.  I wasn't expecting it to take as long as it did, but I finally made the last entry at about 4:30AM.  It was starting to get light outside by the time I finally rolled into bed around 5:00AM.  Needless to say I slept in until the crack of noon the next day.
On Saturday afternoon I ran a few errands and puttered around with a couple of things around the house. The girls and I went out and picked up our trailer on Saturday afternoon.  Most of our warranty concerns were looked after, but it still isn't perfect yet.  I have a feeling we will be taking it back in for more work later in the summer.  Either that or I'm just going to have to fix and upgrade some of this stuff on my own.  On Saturday evening we headed over to Kel-J-Do stables.  There was a big 65th birthday bash for Tom, the husband of the stable operator,where the girls take riding lessons.  There was a big BBQ and a band playing and lots of people out for the party.  I was spoiled somewhat by some heavy showers that rolled in during the evening, forcing everyone into the garage and the machine shed.  We headed home moderately early, partly due to the weather but mostly because we had three little girls along with us...
On Sunday I focused my attention on the Procession West project.  The first phase of this show is currently on exhibit at the Art Gallery of Regina.  It will remain there until late August.  A condensed version of the show will be exhibited at McMullen Gallery here in Edmonton, starting in mid-August.  I have had my prints mostly done for this show for quite some time now, but have been procrastinating about finishing this up.  As this seems to be the weekend to deal with issues like this, I got busy on this project as well.  I now have all the prints mounted, all the matts cut, all the frames, glass and backing ready to go, and during the course of the day I managed to spot and put together most of the prints.  I just have five more that need to be assembled over the coming days.  I want to get this over with and the framed prints stored away in the shipping case.  Then the only thing left to do in mid-August will be to deliver the prints to the gallery and hang them up.
I know that we are going to be busy over the next few weeks and don't want to be scrambling at the last minute.  The Renegades hockey team is about to go into another playoff run and there will hopefully be a lot of hockey games to play in the next couple of weeks.  And, my cousin and her family are visiting from Germany for three weeks starting next weekend.  
It is high time that I got all these loose ends dealt with and not let them drag on forever....




No comments: