Monday, July 8, 2013

Hanging Around Home

A rather quiet weekend spent hanging around home....  My firiend Mike was passing through town this weekend, travelling from his home in Prince George, British Columbia, to Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.  Mike is an avid target shooter and was heading to a competition is Saskatchewan.  He spent a night at our place and it was nice to see him again, and catch up on old times.
On Saturday morning I delivered our new trailer back to the dealer that we bought it from.  I provided them with a long list of all the deficiencies that we needed looked after.  We can't get away camping for the next couple of weekends and hopefully they can address all the problems we have had with our new trailer so that we head out again later in the summer we can actually enjoy it without any further issues.  Remains to be seen I guess...
On Saturday afternoon I headed over to my Mom's place and spent a couple hours cutting grass.  My brother Greg and his kids did the bulk of it on Friday, but I needed to spend a couple of hours and finish up. Hopefully with drier conditions and shorter daylight hours the grass will grow a little slower and my brothers and I can look after this for my Mom while she recovers from her recent surgery.
I spent part of the weekend organizing some files for my holding company.  It is that time of year when I need to get my accounting up to date and turn the files over to my accountant so that tax returns can be filed.  I expect that we will be late this year, but hopefully there are no additional taxes owing, and we can get away without any penalties or interest.  Story of my life.. everything is down to the wire...
On Sunday Margarit and I took the girls to the movies.  One of their favorite movies in recent years was "Despicable Me" from a couple of years ago.  The sequel was released a few days ago and the girls made us promise that we would all go as a family to see it.
When Margarit and I met back in 1999 our first date was to the movies.  Our second date was a follow up to another movie.  Since then I have not set foot into a movie theatre.  In recent years Margarit has been forced to find a friend or someone else to go with.  Now, 14 years later my girls called my number and forced me to set foot back into a movie theatre for the first time in over a decade.  The movie was OK, but not as good as the first one.  In general I just don't have the patience to sit still for this long...
When we got home from the movie I headed down into the darkroom to process some film.  Rather ironic that I selected four rolls of medium format Fuji Neopan Acros dating back to 2011.  Two of the four rolls included some studio shots of the girls in their 2011 Halloween costumes.  Hailey was wearing her "Minion" costume, inspried by the first "Despicable Me" movie a couple of years ago.
This batch also included some panoramic images of hoar frost in the Rumsey morraine from a day trip in November 2011, as well as some shots of the dinosaur trackway at the Teck Coal Mine near Sparwood, taken in the fall of 2012.









No comments: