Saturday, March 10, 2012

More Film Testing

On Sunday March 3rd I continued with some film tests.  I am trying to establish which developer I like best with Fuji Neopan Acros film.  In the past I have used Kodak D-76 Developer 1:1, but lately I have not been happy with the results.  I am considering three alternative developers, Kodak X-Tol, Agfa Rodinal and Ilford Perceptol.  I am shooting a bunch of test shots with the film under various lighting conditions.  Then I will process all of the negatives in the various developers, including some in D-76 for reference, and compare them.  I will probably make some test prints of these negatives to get a really good feel for which I like best.  A week ago I took some test shots in sunny conditions.  Today I took a quick drive out to Elk Island National Park to do some more test shots.  The skies were overcast and the light very flat, so I did some test shots under these conditions.  I would like to do one more batch, with artificial studio lights, and then I can process all the film.  While I was out driving around I rattled off a few snapshots with my little digital camera...



No comments: