Saturday, June 25, 2011

Submissions and Rejections

I have not found a lot of time for my photography in recent months.  Although I've shot are fair bit of film, and processed a little of it, I haven't done any printing for ages.  And my backlog of unprocessed film continues to grow, some of it dating back to 2009.  I need to dedicate a little more time and energy to my art and get serious about it again.  The last couple of submissions that I made were rejected.  My work was not accepted by the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute for their quiet. rooms, and a recent group submission by the Monochrome Guild, to McMullen Gallery, was also turned down.  There have been numerous other submission opportunities in between that I just didn't find the time to respond to.  This past week I submitted five images to the Open Juried Photography Exhibition being coordinated by the Visual Arts Alberta Association.  This one was easy as I only had to e-mail in my images in digital format.  If any of them are selected for exhibition, then I will have to print and frame them.  The selected images are displayed for about a month at the Kaasa Gallery in the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium.  Last year one of my images was accepted.  This year I sent in these five...






No comments: