Monday, March 28, 2022

A Tough Week

I'm finally beginning to feel a little better after a rather difficult week.  It kind of appears like I may continue to experience Covid-Like symptoms, despite the negative tests.
My knee became really inflamed and sore on Tuesday evening.  It got significantly worse on Wednesday and Thursday, to the point that I could not play in the first two playoff hockey games for the Renegades.
I'm not aware of anything that I did that could have injured my knee and have come to believe that it is probably gout.  The pain is in my knee cap, not the joint.  I experience gout from time to time and have a prescription for some anti-inflammatory medication.  In the past it has always occurred in my feet, and this is the first time my knee has been affected.
On Friday Margarit and I attended another performance at the New Moon Folk Club.  It was supposed to be a blues singer named Kat Danser, but her band came down with Covid and she had to cancel at the last minute.  The club was able to book local performer Martin Kerr as a last minute fill in.  He was fantastic and performed despite recently breaking his femur.
During that performance a dull headache that had been lingering with me for the previous day became a full blown migraine.  That was accompanied by an upset stomach.  I'm not really sure if this is ongoing cold/Covid symptoms, or a reaction to the meds I have been taking.
I spent most of Saturday in bed before my headache finally let up in the late afternoon.  This delayed my plans to travel to Nordegg.  On Sunday I loaded up some aspen panelling, picked up some groceries and headed out to Nordegg with my youngest daughter Helena.  The girls are off from school this week for Spring Break.
I still didn't feel great on Sunday evening.  By Monday morning my knee was beginning to feel a little better, and so was the rest of me.  Hopefully this is now behind me and I can look forward to enjoying the week out at the cottage.

No comments: