Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Leighton to Lebel

The Ag2 exhibition wrapped up its run at the Leighton Art Centre near Calgary on March 5th.  The curator tells me that 460 guests visited the gallery during the four weeks our show was on display.  In addition to that, approx. 500 school kids came through the Art Centre on field trips during that same time period.  A decent amount of exposure for our little show though unfortunately it did not lead to any print sales.
On Tuesday March 8th I headed to Leighton to pick up the crates full of our prints.  My friend Court was along with me for the ride, and to help with the loading and unloading.  We arrived at the gallery shortly after it opened at 10:00AM.  I had arranged to deliver the crates down to the Lebel Mansion Gallery in Pincher Creek.  This touring exhibition will be exhibited there through April and May.  The curator in Pincher Creek graciously agreed to an earlier delivery of the show, and to put the prints in storage at the gallery for a couple weeks.  Court and I unloaded the crates, carried them up the stairs into the mansion, and stored them away in a closet.  This saves me an extra trip down to southern Alberta.  Between work and exhibitions I have driven Highway 2 between Edmonton and Calgary more times than I care to remember in recent weeks.  
The delivery and storage was all wrapped up by earlier afternoon.  Court and I stopped for lunch in Pincher Creek and then went exploring for the afternoon.  We had made plans to stay in the area for a couple of days and photograph in the Crowsnest Pass.

Here is the official invitation to the upcoming show at the gallery...


No comments: