Monday, November 21, 2011

Processing More Film...

This past weekend was very cold...  Daytime highs on Sunday only got up to around -16C.  Saturday was colder, and of course at night it was much colder still.  It was a weekend spent mostly indoors.  I processed a batch of sheet film on Sunday.  This time around it was Kodak High Speed Infrared.  Kodak stopped producing this film, much to my dismay, in 2000.  I stock piled a lot of it, and had a considerable amount given to me by fellow photographers that "went digital".  Despite the fact that the "best before" date on the last batches was 2001... now a decade ago... the film still seems to be OK.  I have stored my unexposed film in the freezer, and after I expose the film, and prior to processing, I keep it refrigerated.  It still seems to be hanging on, so I will continue to shoot it until my stock runs out.  This current batch of 20 sheets dated back to late 2009, with most of the images shot in 2010.  I have scanned some of the better images and posted them for comment...











No comments: